HyExperts II: District of Helmstedt
Braunschweig, Gifhorn, Goslar, Helmstedt, Peine, Salzgitter, Wolfenbüttel, Wolfsburg – a total of three cities and five municipal districts belong to the region of South-East Lower Saxony (SüdOstNiedersachsen). From the Harz and the Heath to Hightech and HyExpert.
The region of South-East Lower Saxony is facing the challenges of major structural change and the phasing out of coal. In addition, we are the core region of the mobility transition and the location of steel production. The entire value chain finds a place here.
With an integrative approach, we are therefore striving to become a model region for the integrative transformation of the energy transition through the use of hydrogen. We are looking for and finding new approaches to solutions, especially for phasing out the use of fossil fuels for the generation of electricity, the use of alternative drives in mobility as well as CO2-neutral energy-intensive production – both nationally and internationally.
- “Green Energy Hub Helmstedt”: Helmstedt power-to-fuel platform: methanol from green hydrogen at the site of the meanwhile decommissioned Buschhaus power plant
- Hydrogen Campus Salzgitter: Centre for the development and scaling of hydrogen technologies
- Construction of a larger electrolysis plant at the Mehrum power plant site
- “H2-Wegweiser”: Energy system analysis for the technical, economic and social integration, storage and conversion of hydrogen in Lower Saxony
- Production of PEM electrolysis plants and filling stations in the district of Goslar
- Research Centre for Energy Storage Technologies (EST)
- SALCOS project (low-CO2 steel production based on hydrogen)
- Participation in the IPCEI joint project “Get H2”: Development of an international hydrogen network
The Wirtschaftsregion Helmstedt GmbH and the SüdOstNiedersachsen project office bring together numerous partners from business, science and politics.