HyStarter II: District of Göppingen
Geographically, the district of Göppingen in Baden-Württemberg can be located in the foothills of the Swabian Alb. With a total of nine towns and 29 other municipalities, the district is relatively rural and has abundant green and wooded areas. Excellent economic conditions meet a particularly charming landscape with a high recreational and tourist appeal.
The district also plays an active role in climate protection. The strategic decision-making basis for climate protection activities is the district’s integrated climate protection concept, which was developed in 2013 and is currently being updated. The adapted measures accelerate the goal of a climate-neutral local administration. The promotion of green hydrogen and fuel cell technology in the district is also intended to make a relevant contribution on the path towards decarbonisation.
- Planning of a course of study that will focus on hydrogen technology
- Establishment of a green H2 filling station infrastructure in Göppingen for local refuelling options
- EU Clean Vehicles Directive (60% low-emission or zero-emission vehicles in public transport): Hydrogen technology will be used alongside battery-electric drives for buses in bus transport
- Conversion of construction vehicles to hydrogen
- Promotion of the “Green Hydrogen Model Region” initiative to advance hydrogen and fuel cell technology in the district of Göppingen.
- Integration of hydrogen technology into industrial processes
Alb-Elektrizitätswerk Geislingen-Steige eG – Energieagentur Landkreis Göppingen gGmbH –
Energieversorgung Filstal – GP JOULE Think Wasserstoff GmbH – Freiheit Consulting GmbH
– Gotthold Haller Spedition GmbH – Esslingen University of Applied Sciences – Göppingen District Chamber of Commerce and Industry –
Göppingen District Chamber of Skilled Crafts – Göppingen District Office /
Office for Mobility – Leonhard Weiss GmbH & Co. KG – Rational Energy South GmbH –
District of Göppingen Economic Development (City of Göppingen & City of Geislingen)
– Economic and Innovation Promotion Agency – and others.
Energieagentur Landkreis Göppingen gGmbH, Projekt Manager
+49 7161 65165-04
View of Donzdorf from the Messelstein
© Patrick Zanker, District Office Göppingen